• Slottets stora matsal
  • Cheers
  • Husby Säteri från helikopter

Welcome to Husby Säteri

Welcome to Husby Säteri

The castle was built in 1795; the constructor was Curt Philip Carl von Schwerin (1751 - 1828), he was the colonel lieutenant at Jönköping’s regiment and married to Ulrika Wilhelmina von Schwerin (1762 - 1849). In 1797 Pehr Hörberg arrived and painted the statue pictures in the stone hallway. Both wings on the castle court yard originate from the previous timber castle that burnt to the ground in 1786. Carl Philip’s nephew Curt Philip Otto von Schwerin (1795 – 1849) inherited the Castle since the Duke and Duchess never had any children. A visit to their grave situated behind the annex “Norrgården” can be made.

Curt Philip Otto van Schwerin married Mathilda Christina Hagberg.  The Duke passed away after only four years. They never had any children either which is why Mathilda lived alone in the castle for 43 years.  She had water pipes installed and ensured that her servants were cared for. After her passing in 1897 all the furniture was auctioned off. During the next century Husby was amongst other things a pension and a storage facility for crops etc.

Husby’s saviours were a private family that bought Husby, Gunilla & Christer Wastesson. They restored it and bought 1800th century furniture in an auction as well as bought back all the land. They lived in the castle for 20 years. Thereafter the manor was bought by a family company in Stockholm. Eric Rahmqvist AB. They bought Husby for their sales staff to have conferences in.

Since the 1st of March 2012 The Castle of Husby Säteri is once again being run by the Wastesson family. It is the son of Gunilla and Christer Wastesson, Fredrik and his wife Irene who is running the manor with both old and new exiting functions.  Husby Säteri is now open for outside guest, groups; parties, weddings, conferences etc.

WELCOME!

Irene and Fredrik Wastesson

Trip Advisor

Trip Advisor

Find us here